In Summer, Xiaowu likes to drink tea with long lasting flavor. Every time you breathe that tea aroma, you feel the summer heat disappeared immediately. All your tiredness seems to be swept away. Beside the “cold brewed” Baihao Yinzhen last time, another popular tea is the famous Tieguanyin.
The most common way of drinking Tieguanyin is brewed with the Gaiwan. Who can image one type of Tieguanyin, can spend a relaxed afternoon. Of course, besides tea, tea snacks is essential.
One teapot can be drunk in two ways
Besides brew, Tieguanyin can be boiled. Not many tools are needed, you just need a small teapot. At first, you can pour Tieguanyin into the warmed teapot, adding boiled water of 97 ℃. Let the air fill with the aroma of Tieguanyin. Now, you just need to wait for the tea leaves to slowly unfold in the water. You can peel some peanuts with your hands while waiting. Once the tea is ready, you can drink Tieguanyin with peanut.
After brewing several time, the tea gradually becomes light. Now, you can light up a tea candle. Put the teapot on the small stove, slowly cooking the Tieguanyin in the teapot. Even though it is hot outside, you can enjoy yourself in the room with air conditioning and experience the fun of cooking the tea in the summer, which has never been experienced by the ancient people.
Two snacks made by tea
The peanuts eat with tea is not the products sold in “Laiyifen”. They are the carefully made private tea snacks made from Tieguanyin. The recipe is actually very simple. So, everyone can make the snacks by themselves.
Tea flavored peanuts’ recipe:
Ingredient: peanuts, Tieguanyin, salt
- Put the Tieguanyin into the stainless steel tea ball. If you don’t have it, you can wrap the Tieguanyin with the gauze and make it into a tea bag.
- Add cold water in the pot, put the tea bag, peanuts, and a little bit salt in it. After the water is boiled, turn the heat down and boil it for a little bit longer.
- After 10 to 15 minutes, turn off the heat. Don’t remove the cover, let the aroma of Tieguanyin and slight salty tastes immerse into the peanuts.
- Once the peanuts are cold, you can start to eat peanuts and drink tea.
If you are someone with very good appetite, once the peanuts are ready, you can use the original tea soup to make tea flavored eggs.
Tieguanyin tea flavor eggs’ recipe” 1. Boiling the egg, crack the shell but do not peel it. 2. Add a teaspoon of soy sauce and sugar into the water that boiled the peanut. Then put the cooked egg into the water, once the water is boiled, turn off the heat. Wait until the water become cold, the flavor can immerse into the egg.
Another one is “Tieguanyin flavored soft boiled eggs”, here is how it is cooked:
- Add a teaspoon of soy sauce and sugar into the water that boiled the peanuts, stirring the soup and make sure the soup is cold. You can taste the soup and make it a slight salt so the egg can absorb more flavor.
- Boiling the egg with water until is half cooked. Immediately put them into the cold water (this is to prevent the heat entering the yolk, which makes them solidification). Carefully peel the shell of the eggs, putting them into the cold soup. Put the egg and the container into the fridge. After 24 hours, a smooth “Tieguanyin flavored soft boiled eggs” will become your favorite snack for the summer.
Now, you must feel eager to join the team of making your own tea snacks? Let’s get started!