Put the pain killers down. They are addictive, destructive and far too many people are becoming reliant on them to fix their problems, even though they can never fix the disease. And that applies to all medication, because here in Australia, even paracetamol, which you can buy over the counter, accounts for 150 deaths every single week. And that doesn’t come close to the deaths associated with opiate-based painkillers.
Fortunately, there are alternative methods available, and Qigong is one of them. This practice can cure you from head to toe, alleviating the pain of everything from headaches and sinus problems, to foot and leg pains.
In this article we will take a look at some alternative pain management techniques, all of which are taken from courses offered by the Spring Forest Qigong Centre and created by Master Lin.
Pressure and Massage Healing
If you new to Qigong and the methods by which it heals, then simply think of it like acupuncture. This system is based on the body’s meridians, which are lines of energy that criss-cross throughout the body, connecting limbs, vital organs and everything else. Yin and yang energies flow through these lines, and when that energy becomes stuck, a blockage is formed. This means that yin or yang energy is not getting through to a certain area of your body, and depending on what line this is and how severe the blockage is, this can cause all kinds of pain and other symptoms.
Acupuncture aims to unblock these channels with needles, but there are other methods, which is where Qigong techniques come in. Both of the methods below are based on similar practices, but they use simple hand massages instead of needles to unblock these meridians.
- Qi-ssage Healing: This is a level 1 course, focusing on a technique that was created by Master Chunyi Lin and is available as an exclusive to the Spring Forest Qigong Centre. Qi-ssage Healing uses acupressure, massage and Qigong to great a comprehensive course that shows you how to heal others, and how to heal yourself. There is no end to the symptoms that these techniques can cure, and for many students, this level 1 course is the first they will learn about becoming a healer.
- Head to Toe Body’s Repair Manual: This is a single manual, but don’t let that fool you, as the Head to Toe Body’s Repair Manual is one of the most comprehensive healing manuals you will ever read, and is one of the gems of the Spring Forest Qigong Centre. There are over 70 self-healing techniques in the Head to Toe Body’s Repair Manual, and all of these come with detailed illustrations, telling you exactly where to apply pressure, and for how long. The benefits are also discussed, as are the reasons why these techniques work. The Head to Toe Body’s Repair Manual also includes techniques for pregnant women, techniques to heal newborn babies, and much more.
Other Qigong Healing Methods
Of course, it’s not all about acupressure and healing techniques like the ones described. Qigong is a complete practice, and one that also focuses on ensuring that the balance of yin and yang is just right, while also working on ways to discard old energy and to bring in new energy. That’s where Qigong exercises and meditations come in, such as the ones listed below:
- Moving of Yin and Yang: This is actually part 1 of a 3 part exercise that includes Breathing of the Universe and Joining of Yin and Yang. These exercises are all for level 1 students and they are all included on the level 1 course Qigong for Health, also known as SFQ Fundamentals.
- Small Universe: This is a meditation, and one that you can also find on the comprehensive Qigong for Health course mentioned above. This course focuses on 2 of the most important meridians in your body, also known as your front and back channels. By opening these, your energy is allowed to flow freely throughout your body, which means that you can heal yourself of a range of symptoms, while ensuring that these don’t return.
- Cancer Healing Meditation: Although modern medicine doesn’t have a solid answer for this disease, Master Lin does. It takes a lot of work and the Spring Forest Qigong Centre can’t make any promises, but with the power of love and compassion, all of which are relayed through a deep meditation, you can help yourself and your loved ones.