Where to Study Qigong in Melbourne
Melbourne is an exciting, modern city, but one of the fastest rising trends in this city is far from modern. In fact, it’s been around for over 5,000 years.
Qigong is a traditional Chinese practice that combines a number of slow-moving exercises, meditations and techniques to help you to ease your worries, to live better and, ultimately, to heal.
The Spring Forest Qigong Centre
One of the best places to learn Qigong here in Melbourne, is actually a long way from the city and a long way from Australia. The Spring Forest Qigong Centre is based in North America and is the premier destination for anyone looking to learn more about this ancient art-form. We don’t expect you to hop on a plane and spend several weeks at the centre, but you don’t need to. Most of the courses that you can take at the Spring Forest Qigong Centre in Minnesota, you can also take online, in the comfort of your own home.
You will be guided through these courses by Master Chunyi Lin, who founded the Spring Forest Qigong Centre and continues to help its students to learn. He created the many courses that the centre offers and he also heads their seminars, instructs their videos and generally gets involved in every aspect.
So, with that in mind, what can the Spring Forest Qigong Centre offer you?
Qigong is a comprehensive practice, as you would expect from something that has existed for over 5,000 years. If you want to take your first steps, to learn the basics and to start healing, then the SFQ Fundamentals course is the perfect place to start. This is a level 1 course, and one that includes some of the following techniques and exercises:
- Moving of Yin and Yang
- Breathing of the Universe
- Joining of Yin and Yang
- Sword Fingers
- Small Universe
Once you have worked your way through this course you have a wealth of other guides at your disposal and you can also move onto the level 2 and level 3 courses, which include an array of techniques such as the Sun Meditation and the Mood Meditation. Before you reach that point, you can also take some of the more basic courses discussed below.
This series of techniques was created by Master Lin and can only be found at the Spring Forest Qigong Centre. It fuses simple Qigong practices with ancient Chinese massage and contains a list of techniques that you can use to unblock your energy points and to heal. And the best thing about Qi-ssage Healing is that it is just as effective when used on yourself as it is when you use it on others. This is one of the first major steps that you can take as a Qigong healer, and while you are still a long way from the advanced techniques you will learn at level 5, it’s a great place to start.
Head-to-Toe Body’s Repair Manual
This comprehensive manual covers a huge range of techniques that you can use on your body, working from head to toe in order to alleviate a huge range of symptoms. These include:
- Feet Massage: By massaging the tops of your feet, between the metatarsal bones and for just a couple of minutes at a time, you can help to unblock your liver. This is where the liver channel is located, and by massaging this and unblocking it, you can also help to reduce anger, eliminate incontinence and cure insomnia.
- Testicle Massage: It is said that all men of a certain age will develop an issue with their prostate, which leads to complication with urination and more. But that doesn’t need to be the case thanks to a simple massage technique in the Head-to-Toe Body’s Repair Manual, which can help with an array of prostate issues, as well as symptoms triggered by sexually transmitted infections.
- Lip Massage: Believe it or not, there are energy points in your lips as well, and ones that connect to many different areas in your body. By using the massage technique in this manual, you can remove blockages everywhere form your pancreas to your spleen.
- Eye Massage: You don’t actually massage your eyes, of course, and instead massage underneath them. This is where you will find many channels connecting to the stomach, and by using the technique described in the Head-to-Toe Body’s Repair Manual, you can help with a number of common ailments.
The Head-to-Toe Body’s Repair Manual also shows you some breathing techniques and offers a brief rundown of why all of the techniques in this manual work, and what you can do to improve results.