Qigong for Health
The practice of Qigong is many thousands of years old. An integral part of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Qigong has shaped the Eastern world and in the last few decades its popularity has spread outside of Asia. There are now students of Qigong all over the world, and every single one of them is benefiting from techniques, meditations and exercises that have been around since ancient times.
The Spring Forest Qigong Centre
If you’re looking to get involved with Qigong and to learn more about this ancient practice, the Spring Forest Qigong Centre is a good place to start. This centre is based in Minnesota and was founded by Master Chunyi, who continues to run the centre, compiling the courses and helping students to realise their potential.
Master Lin’s teachings make use of ancient practices, albeit with his own unique twist. They include a number of meditations, comprehensive courses and other techniques.
From the SFQ Fundamentals course all of the way to the 24-Step Awakening the Master Within program, students of Qigong can advance from beginners to masters, moving from level 1 to level 5. If you’re new to Qigong or even to the Spring Forest Qigong Centre, it’s best to work your way up from the bottom, but if you’re confident enough in your abilities and understanding, then you can jump in wherever you want.
Either way, these courses will teach you how to unlock your potential, which in turn will tell you how to:
- Heal yourself and others, no matter how close or how far.
- Unlock the power of your senses.
- Discover your sixth sense and open your third eye.
- Become a calmer, more centred and contended person.
- Heal yourself of all ailments and improve your quality of life.
- Find your connection to the divine.
Some of the meditation guides offered by the Spring Forest Qigong Centre are also included on their main courses, including the Sun and Moon Meditations and the Small Universe meditation, but others are optional extras that all students can benefit from.
- Small Universe: This meditation was designed to help you control your energy channels, removing blockages to ensure that your energy flows freely. The purpose of this meditation is to use proper breathing techniques as well as key sounds and complete mental focus in order to free these channels and to restore energy. The Small Universe meditation is guided by Master Lin and is available in 2 forms, as a 30 minute meditation and a 60 minute meditation.
- Six Word Chant: Another ancient practice that continues to help people to this day, the Six Word Chant was adapted from a Buddhist meditation by Master Lin and can help you to focus your mind.
- Rainbow Meditation: This is an advanced course, recommended for level 4 students. The purpose of it is to develop your third eye in preparation for your final few months of study, at which point you will learn how to open and control that third eye.
At the Spring Forest Qigong Centre you will find an array of courses that can help you to realise your abilities as a healer. Many of these can be taken by students of all levels and all experiences, and they include:
- The Healing Connection: This is a teleseminar (a community phone call) that is aimed at all levels. These calls are penciled in for every Tuesday night, which puts it around Wednesday afternoon here in Australia. If you miss a live call, you can simply download a recording of it on MP3. But thanks to the live Q&A session with Master Lin himself, this is a call that you will not want to miss.
- Qi-ssage Healing: This is a must for all level 1 students, and even if you’ve advanced beyond the beginner level, it’s still worth signing up for this course. Qi-ssage Healing, as the name suggests, is a combination of Qigong and massage that aims to heal you, and the course includes a CD and DVD. Master Lin is as knowledgeable as they come when it comes to ancient Chinese practices, and he has incorporated many of them into this course, creating techniques that you can use to cure yourself and others.
- Head-to-Toe Body’s Repair Manual: This is a large manual that covers a huge number of techniques, covering every inch of your body. These techniques work from the head to the toe, and they include ear, neck and head massages that can help with stress, insomnia, anxiety and more, to toe and foot massages that can help with weight loss, fatigue and incontinence. This manual is similar to the Qi-ssage Healing course, albeit without an audio or video element.