The best way to learn Qigong is via video. Being able to watch someone perform the moves, guide you into the correct posture and assist you with your breathing and visualisation is much more effective than simple text or audio. That’s what sets the Spring Forest Qigong Centre apart, as most of their courses come with a visual element, usually in the form of a DVD. In this DVD you will typically find the founder of the SFQ, Master Lin, who walks you through the steps that you need to complete in order to perform that particular practice.
So, with that in mind, where are the best videos at the Spring Forest Qigong Centre?
The Spring Forest Qigong Centre offers a complete level 1 course that goes by the name SFQ Fundamentals or Qigong for Health. This course is a comprehensive Qigong course for beginners, and is has helped countless students to get to grips with this ancient practice. There are 3 components to this course, including:
- Manual: This is a guidebook for the course, and will help you through it, while also teaching you a little about Qigong.
- CD: This CD contains an audio track, voiced by Master Lin. On it you will find meditations such as the Small Universe meditation, which targets your 2 main energy channels and aims to keep these open.
- DVD: Perhaps the most important element of this course, the DVD contains a visual guide, with Master Lin helping you through a number of basic but helpful Qigong exercises, including level 1 movements like Breathing of the Universe.
Other DVD Courses
SFQ Fundamentals is far from the only course at the Spring Forest Qigong Centre that comes bundled with a DVD. In fact, you will find courses at all levels that include this form of media, including all of the following:
- Qigong for Healing: This is a level 2 course, and one that follows on from the SFQ Fundamentals course. If you aspire to follow in the footsteps of the masters at the Spring Forest Qigong Centre, then this is a great course to take, as it shows you how you can use Qigong to heal others.
- Qi-ssage Healing: This is a level 1 course that focuses on massage and acupressure techniques. Qi-ssage Healing was designed by Master Lin and it can only be found on the Spring Forest Qigong Centre. This course can be taken at anytime, as its techniques can benefit everyone and should be something that all students can practice. However, it’s best to take it just after SFQ Fundamentals and just before the Qigong for Healing course outlined above.
- Wisdom Embodiment Package: This is an advanced course, available for level 4 students only. It is a recording of a retreat that took place at the SFQ in 2015, and one that was led by Master Lin. There are several videos on this intense healing course, and everything you learn here is designed to prepare you for the advanced Qigong techniques you will unlock at level 5.
As well as the videos you can find on the Spring Forest Qigong Centre online courses, there is also an SFQ Youtube channel, where you can see snippets of what they have to offer, all provided by Master Lin. This Youtube channel contains all of the following videos:
- Recover From a Stroke: In this video Master Lin shows you a simple pinching technique that can help you to quickly recover from a stroke. This technique is effortless, and perfect for anyone who has lost their mobility and their strength as a result of a stroke.
- Improve Your Relationships with Qigong: This meditation uses a visualisation technique that can help you with all of your relationships. These include sexual relationships, as well as friendships and working relationships..
- Qigong Eye Exercises: If you have a problem with your eyesight, then this technique can help, restoring 20-20 vision. This works whether you are far-sighted or near-sighted.
- SFQ Focus on Your Heart: This is all about your heart, one of the most important organs in your body, and one that you need to keep healthy all of the time. Master Lin will tell you how to do just that, guiding you through some basic but essential Qigong practices.
- Testimonials: If you’re unsure about taking the plunge with the Spring Forest Qigong Centre, then the many testimonials and experience reports on this channel can help. They all speak positively of the Spring Forest Qigong Centre and of Master Lin. There are also live healing sessions that give you an idea of what it’s like to experience the healing touch of an SFQ master.