If you are ready to begin your path towards becoming a healer, then the Spring Forest Qigong Centre is the perfect starting point. Their level 1 courses are some of the most extensive around, ensuring that you have the basics completely covered, that you know how to perform healing techniques, and that you know why and how those techniques work.
This is not a slap-dash, half-hearted approach, which is adopted by so many Qigong “schools”. In fact, once you take all of the main level 1 courses, discussed below, then you will already be at a level that would be advanced in many other Qigong schools, but barely touch the tip of the iceberg at the Spring Forest Qigong Centre.
This is probably the most comprehensive beginner Qigong courses you will find, one that serves to introduce you to the basics of Qigong while also teaching you some essential healing techniques. The SFQ Fundamentals course should be your starting point as a beginner to the Spring Forest Qigong Centre. It comes with a CD, a DVD and a manual, components that cover a wealth of material, including:
- Active Exercises: These are simple, easy-to-perform but incredibly powerful exercises that aim to stimulate the flow of yin and yang energy in your body, removing blockages and curing you of all sorts of problems. These exercises include Moving of Yin and Yang and Breathing of the Universe.
- Small Universe: One of the most important meditations that a practitioner of Spring Forest Qigong can learn, Small Universe can teach you how to heal using a simple meditation. It takes you into a deep meditative state and requires you to breathe in healing energy that moves around your body and heals every area.
- Techniques: There are also some techniques in this course that can help to control your energy. These include Sword Fingers, which can help to replenish the helpful energy in your body, getting rid of potentially harmful energy in the process.
Qi-ssage techniques make many appearances at the Spring Forest Qigong Centre. These were created by Master Lin who used a combination of ancient Chinese medicine, Chinese massage and Qigong to create this practice. Qi-ssage is built on a system of acupressure massages that focus on key energy points in your body. All symptoms can be traced to an energy blockage in your body, so by using these techniques you can clear that blockage and cure those symptoms.
These techniques are discussed in full during the Qi-ssage Healing course. This is a level 1 course that shows you how to perform a Qi-ssage Healing session on others. The course comes with an audio and a visual element, as well as a manual, all of which serve to teach you how to perform a complete Qi-ssage Healing session.
The Head to Toe Body’s Repair Manual
The Head to Toe Body’s Repair manual also uses acupressure techniques. This is one of our favorite courses, yet we feel that it doesn’t quite get the respect that it deserves. There are a number of reasons that we love the Head to Toe Body’s Repair Manual so much, including:
- Power: This is one of the most useful courses you can take, as the Head to Toe Body’s Repair Manual can literally help you to heal from your head to your toes. It does this by using acupressure techniques to remove energy blockages, effectively teaching you the skills used by the best healers, acupuncture specialists and Qigong masters.
- Accessibility: Although the healing techniques are advanced, they can be performed by anyone. The illustrations make it incredibly easy to pin-point your energy points, to determine what blockage is causing what problem, and to follow the necessary technique needed to eliminate them and heal.
- Comprehensive: This course may seem small. It is only a single manual after all, as opposed to the CDs, DVDs live phone calls and more that make up many of the other SFQ courses. However, it’s an incredibly detailed manual and in many ways it is the only thing you need to heal every pain, illness and symptom you will ever have.
- Extras: As if the healing techniques weren’t enough, towards the end of the Head to Toe Body’s Repair Manual you will also find some additional, equally useful chapters. These include techniques that can help pregnant women and newborn babies, as well as a recipe for an energy-balanced drink.