Lower back pain is something that effects most of us. This is a condition of modern living, especially in the west. This is because many people spend their days hunched over desks, working in stuffy offices and sitting on cramped seats all day. At the end of a long day, they then go back home and sit in front of the TV or computer, with the exact same posture.
As the muscles in the lower back are strained the most, with more weight and force put onto them, these are often the muscles that give way first. To modern medicine, this is something that can be cured with strong painkillers, but these are addictive and dangerous, and they don’t work in the long term.
That’s where the Spring Forest Qigong Centre comes into play. This online Qigong school has been helping people fix back pain and other pains for over a decade and has a number of courses that can help you with your pain.
The Head to Toe Body’s Repair Manual
Although it only consists of a single manual, and it is one of the lowest priced courses at the SFQ, the Head to Toe Body’s Repair Manual is one of the most comprehensive healing books that you will read. There are 76 techniques in this book, each with detailed illustrations on how to perform them, as well as guidelines concerning how often you need to perform them.
These techniques work by targeting energy points and removing blockages that occur in those points. But doing so, your yin and yang energies are allowed to run freely once more, healing your body. There is a lot of information regarding each technique in the Head to Toe Body’s Repair Manual, but for a brief rundown, all of the following can target potential sources of your lower back pain:
- Technique 23: This technique cures general aches and pain in your spine, making it ideal for those who suffer from poor posture, and those whose backs ache from the bottom of the spine to the top.
- Technique 45: This technique helps with injuries to the spine. So, if your lower back pain is the result of a slipped disk, a pulled muscle or nerve damage, then this chapter will help.
- Technique 53: The body is not always great at telling you where pain is and what is causing it, and in many causes, lower back pain can actually be the result of an infection in your kidneys. This technique may be able to help with that, as it focuses on kidney pain, kidney stones and similar conditions.
- Technique 55 and 58: These two techniques focus on issues like sciatic pain, as well as hip pain, conditions that may become more prevalent as you get older.
There are also many other techniques in the Head to Toe Body’s Repair Manual that might be able to help, techniques that focus on healing different organs and muscles, and techniques that focus on restoring a balance to your body, which in turn will also help you to heal. Technique 48, for instance, can help with neck and shoulder pain, which may also be an issue if your back pain is caused by poor posture. There are also chapters in this comprehensive manual that focus on your head and your legs.
This is similar to the Head to Toe Body’s Repair Manual, but whereas the aforementioned course is all about self-healing, Qi-ssage Healing leans more towards healing others. Still, it can also be used on yourself, and there are specific massages that target lower back pain. Qi-ssage Healing is a level 1 course, which means it can be taken by any and all students. However, as it focuses on a specific aspect of Qigong and not on the practice on the whole, you should look to complete a more generalised course first, such as SFQ Fundamentals.
This course was created by Master Lin, whose experience is crucial to ridding yourself of pains. He also leads the course. On the DVD, you will see Master Lin perform a Qi-ssage Healing session, and on the CD you can listen to him as he guides you through completing one of these sessions yourself.
As well as lower back pain, Qi-ssage Healing can also help you to rid yourself and others of the following ailments:
- Headaches, migraines and sinus problems
- Anxiety and insomnia
- Kidney stones and gall stones
- Stress, anger and other emotional problems
- Symptoms of colds, fevers and flu