Qigong is a wonderful and powerful art-form, one that can revitalise your mind and your body, creating a new you. Qigong focuses on techniques that can eliminate pain, techniques that can alleviate the symptoms of illness and techniques that can be used to help others. But Qigong goes much further than this. It can also help with stress, depression and anxiety. It can help you to clear your mind, to focus better and even to sleep better. These are all ailments that many of us will suffer with from time to time, making Qigong essential in all of our lives.
The Spring Forest Qigong Centre
One of the best ways to study Qigong is via the Spring Forest Qigong Centre. This Qigong school is located in Minnesota and provides refuge and education for many thousands of students every year. They also have a number of home-study courses that can be taken by students all over the world, including here in Australia.
So, if you want to know how to use Qigong to cure your anxiety and to rid you of the day-to-day stresses and worries that weigh you down, the Spring Forest Qigong Centre is a great place to start.
You would be amazed at what slow, deep breathing can do for your health and your well being. This has been proven time and time again, and it’s why most cultures and religions have some form of meditation. It is why pilates, yoga and tai chi have flourished in the modern age, when the need to de-stress and achieve a greater state of calm has never been more essential.
Proper breathing is crucial to all Qigong exercises and meditation, and if you learn to control this and meditate effectively, then you can unlock your inner potential and transform into a calmer, happier person.
Proper meditation and breathing is taught in full on the Energy Breathing guide created by Master Lin and sold by the Spring Forest Qigong Centre. This meditation is part of their level 2 course on Qigong healing, but it can also be purchased separately.
If you have only just been introduced to Qigong, then you should look into the SFQ Fundamentals course first. This is a basic but complete package, and one that has helped hundreds of thousands of students to take their first steps on the road to Qigong healing.
The SFQ Fundamentals course provides guidance on many different meditations and exercises, most of which can help you to relax, to sleep better, and to live better. In addition to this course you can purchase the Qi-ssage Healing course, which is recommended for level 1 students, and the Head-to-Toe Body’s Repair manual. These courses contain all-over healing techniques that focus on physical pain, but can also help with psychological issues, including:
- Stress/Insomnia: By massaging your temples with your thumbs as instructed in this manual, you can de-stress, sleep better and even improve your immune system. By clearing your mind, it may also help you with clarity and focus.
- Memory: If you have problems remembering, or if you’re suffering from a disorder that damages your ability to think clearly, there is a simple technique involving your jaw and your teeth that can help.
- Clarity: Struggling to think? A technique that involves massaging your ears, as explained in the Head-to-Toe Body’s Repair manual, can help you to clear that brain fog.
Meditative Guides for Eliminating Stress
The Spring Forest Qigong Centre has a number of meditation guides available on MP3, all of which were recorded by Master Chunyi Lin. These guides can complement the main courses offered by the Spring Forest Qigong Centre, or they can be taken prior to beginning any of the SFQ main courses. However, in these cases it’s important to remember that some of these guides are for advanced students only and that others, including the Small Universe meditation, is actually included on the SFQ Fundamentals package.
- Back into the Universe: This music was designed to help you drift into a deep state of relaxation, preparing you for all forms of meditation and helping you to achieve a greater state of calm.
- Butterfly Meditation: In the words of Master Chunyi Lin, this meditation is the “meditation of metamorphosis and transformation.” It is about 50 minutes long, and the ultimate goal of this meditation is to transform your inner and outer self, becoming more relaxed, more aware and more contented.