Skin rejuvenation during the autumn season, especially in dry climates or transitioning to the dry autumn months, is crucial for maintaining healthy, hydrated skin. Here are some Chinese concepts and tips for keeping your skin replenished and rejuvenated.
Skin Rejuvenation Tips
- Drink plenty of water, around 6-8 glasses daily. Supplement your water intake with juice, mineral water, or tea.
- Steam your face to add moisture or apply moisturizing lotion to reduce surface moisture evaporation.
- Consume foods that help nourish the skin. Include soymilk, fresh vegetables, fruits, fish, and lean meat in your diet.
- Avoid tobacco, alcohol, coffee, and fried foods.
- Incorporate foods like sesame seeds, walnuts, honey, white fungus, pears, and other hydrating foods to nourish your skin.
Skin Care Products
- Choose mild cleansers and makeup removal solutions without alcoholic ingredients.
- Use moisturizing day and night creams that are not overly greasy.
- Opt for soft facial masks without whitening effects.
- Consider facial oil emollients containing rosin acids and vitamin A to promote blood circulation and improve the skin’s environment.
Day and Night Care
- Maintain a daytime skincare routine that includes cleansing your face twice a day and using a facial cream with sun protection when going outdoors.
- For nighttime care, cleanse your face thoroughly with warm water. Use non-alcoholic facial essence for cleansing and hydration, followed by a deeply penetrating night cream to promote nutrient absorption.
Skin Rejuvenation Care by Skin Type
- Dry skin is especially sensitive during the fall. Avoid excessive use of soap and lotions, which can further dry out your skin.
- Protect your skin from the sun and the drying effects of air conditioning.
Cracking and Peeling Skin
- Low humidity can lead to skin cracking and peeling. Use hydrating masks or mix honey and almond oil with facial powder for a quick moisturizing solution.
- Apply a strong moisturizing lotion to replenish moisture.
- Sudden temperature changes or exposure to wind and sun can trigger redness and allergies in sensitive skin.
- If your skin reacts negatively to skincare or cosmetic products, wash thoroughly with water, apply a thin layer of Vaseline or a cream containing fresh aloe ingredients, and seek professional dermatological treatment if necessary.
- Oily skin can still shine in dry, cold weather. Use makeup sponges soaked in toner to pat dry areas for 2-3 minutes before applying makeup.
- Use an oily eye makeup remover and cold water to cleanse the skin in the morning.
By following these skin rejuvenation tips and tailoring your skincare routine to your skin type, you can keep your skin healthy and radiant throughout the autumn season, even in dry climates or during the transition to drier weather.